hosted by thc
About Mbweha Camp
Mbweha Camp is nestled up against the southern border of Lake Nakuru National Park with beautiful views over the Eburru and Mau ranges. Congreve Conservancy is part of the greater conservancy area called Soysambu which has a large part of Elementaita within its borders.
10 Rustic lava-stone cottages with thatched roofs are surrounded by euphorbia candelabra, yellow barked acacia, and other indigenous trees. Mbweha Camp is only a few hours from Nairobi, yet feels right away from it all with its relaxed atmosphere. Being situated outside a National Park allows many activities, including walking, mountain biking, and night game drives. Guests can also enjoy day trips into Nakuru National Park with the option of a gourmet bush lunch with spectacular views of the Lake and the National Park. Being in the heart of Soysambu Conservancy Implies Clients are enriched in history as Soysambu is a World Heritage Site and Ramsar Site. Add on the fact that it is an important bird area, home to a great variety of flora and fauna with a set of 12,000 wildlife including 10% of the global population of the endangered colossus monkey. Both the lesser and greater flamingo frequent the nearby L. Elementaita which is also a breeding ground for the great white pelican. Tourists can get of wildlife all a mere 16km away from the camp.
- Spacious open-sided dining & lounge area to maximize views.
- Dinner is served in the dining area.
- Private meals can be arranged in the guest cottage or under the stars.
- Continental-style cuisine caters to a variety of dietary requirements.
- 240V charging facilities in the lounge
- Expert local Safari Guides
- 4WD safari vehicles. A maximum of 6 guests per vehicle.
- Day and night game drives
- Guided bush walks
- Bush breakfasts/Lunch/dinners
- Picnic lunches
- Game drive in Soysambu & visit to Lake Elementaita hot springs
- Spa Services
- Camel/Horse/Bicycle Rides
- Guided hiking at “Delamere’s Nose”
- Guided and unescorted bike rides
- Visit Kariandusi prehistoric site
- Menengai Crater & visit to Hyrax Hill
How to get there:
GPS co-ordinates: 0°28’42.782″S / 36°7’2.67″E
By road: Approximately 2.5 hours driving time from Nairobi.
By air: to the Congreve airstrip. This airstrip is serviced only by charter flights.