hosted by thc
Overview of Mara Leisure Camp
Mara Leisure Camp is set in what is considered Kenya’s prime wildlife area, Mara Leisure Camp is located along the Talek River, at the confluence of the Masai Mara’s four wildlife viewing areas, on the northern boundary of the Masai Mara Game Reserve. Mara Leisure Camp is located within one of the most spectacular locations in the entire Masai Mara Game Reserve.
One of the most exciting spectacles in the world is that of the ‘Great Migration’, where two million wildebeest, zebras, and other herbivores pass through the Masai Mara/Serengeti ecosystem in Kenya and Tanzania. This is a perilous migration for the animals, where they encounter many river crossings and have to run the gauntlet of crocodiles in waiting.
- Day and evening game drives (until 10 pm)
- Guided Bush Walks
- Cultural visits (village, market, local school during term time)
- Sundowners and bush meals
- Hot air balloon safaris (bookings must be made in advance, and this is an additional cost)
Masai Mara is 260 km from Nairobi and takes 5 ½ hours drive by road and 40 minutes by air.
Transfer from the airstrip to the camp takes 20 minutes.
The airstrip is serviced by:
- Safarilink – from Nairobi twice daily
- Air Kenya – from Nairobi twice daily
- Charter flights as scheduled
Mainly humid, with temperatures averaging 26°C during the day and 12°C at night. Long rains are anticipated from mid-April to May and short rains from November to early December.