|Luxury Tents||Per Person Sharing (PPS)||Single Occupancy|
|1st July to 31st Oct 2022||Ksh. 26,400/- PPS/Night||Ksh. 39,600/- PP/Night|
|1st Nov to 21st Dec 2022||Ksh. 20,592/- PPS/Night||Ksh. 30,888/- PP/Night|
|22nd Dec to 3rd Jan 2023||Ksh. 21,840/- PPS/Night||Ksh. 32,760/- PP/Night|
Meal Plan = Full Board: breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included in the holiday price, but any drinks or snacks outside these meal times will cost you extra.
Note: Only 4×4 vehicles are allowed for the guests booked on Full Board
Overview of Mara Explorer Tented Camp
Mara Explorer is situated on a broad, thickly forested bend of the Talek River in the very heart of the Maasai Mara National Reserve.
This luxurious tented camp lies at the confluence of the Masai Mara’s four main game-viewing areas and enjoys prime views of the spectacular wildebeest migration between July and September.
During the remainder of the year, herds of watering elephants, hippos, and other animals can often be seen from your private veranda. Come and enjoy our marvelous camp!
Why Mara Explorer?
– Ten luxury river-facing tents, with handcrafted four-poster king-size beds
– The wildest out-door bathtubs in the Masai Mara
– Unbridled view of many animals from the comfort of the camp
– Connectivity with our sister camp in Samburu and luxury resorts on the coast for complete safari circuits
– Located in the middle of the four-game viewing areas of the Masai Mara Reserve
– Good game viewing and birding all year through
– Own airstrip just a quick 3-minute drive from the camp and 45 minutes flight from Nairobi
– Open-sided safari jeeps for best game viewing
– 3 drives in the game are reserved daily
– Knowledgeable and gold-certified guides
– Free Wifi in the public areas
- Day and evening game drives (until 10 pm)
- Guided Bush Walks
- Cultural visits (village, market, local school during term time)
- Sundowners and bush meals
- Hot air balloon safaris (bookings must be made in advance, and this is an additional cost)
Masai Mara is 260 km from Nairobi and takes 5 ½ hours drive by road and 40 minutes by air.
Transfer from the airstrip to the camp takes 20 minutes.
The airstrip is serviced by:
- Safarilink – from Nairobi twice daily
- Air Kenya – from Nairobi twice daily
- Charter flights as scheduled
Mainly humid, with temperatures averaging 26°C during the day and 12°C at night. Long rains are anticipated from mid-April to May and short rains from November to early December.