Overview of Angama Mara
Welcome to Angama, inspired by the Swahili word for ‘suspended in mid-air. Located high above the floor of Africa’s Great Rift Valley, Angama Mara is a remarkable owner-run safari lodge overlooking Kenya’s Maasai Mara, considered by many as the loveliest game reserve on the continent.
Here guests will find a lodge where everything is as it ought to be: two intimate camps of just fifteen tented suites each, a private airfield and access to the Mara below, tailor-made safari days, and a famously warm Kenyan welcome.
The lodge is perfectly complemented by Angama Safari Camp, an exclusive-use mobile tented camp sited deep in the Mara Triangle, and amidst the mega herds during the Great Migration.
- Day and evening game drives (until 10 pm)
- Guided Bush Walks
- Cultural visits (village, market, local school during term time)
- Sundowners and bush meals
- Hot air balloon safaris (bookings must be made in advance, and this is an additional cost)
Masai Mara is 260 km from Nairobi and takes 5 ½ hours drive by road and 40 minutes by air.
Transfer from the airstrip to the camp takes 20 minutes.
The airstrip is serviced by:
- Safarilink – from Nairobi twice daily
- Air Kenya – from Nairobi twice daily
- Charter flights as scheduled
Mainly humid, with temperatures averaging 26°C during the day and 12°C at night. Long rains are anticipated from mid-April to May and short rains from November to early December.