|Standard Tents (39 Tents)||Sunday – Thursday||Friday and Saturday|
|1st June to 30th June 2022||Ksh 11,656/- PPS/Night||Ksh 12,690/- PP/Night|
|1st July to 30th Sept 2022||Ksh 14,382/- PPS/Night||Ksh 16,262/- PP/Night|
|1st Oct to 22nd Dec 2022||Ksh 12,925/- PPS/Night||Ksh 13,865/- PP/Night|
|Morani Wing (17 Tents)||Sunday – Thursday||Friday and Saturday|
|1st June to 30th June 2022||Ksh 12,690/- PPS/Night||Ksh 13,630/- PP/Night|
|1st July to 30th Sept 2022||Ksh 16,262/- PPS/Night||Ksh 18,142/- PP/Night|
|1st Oct to 22nd Dec 2022||Ksh 13,865/- PPS/Night||Ksh 15,275/- PP/Night|
Rates are applicable per person sharing per night on a Full board basis.
Extra Adult sharing in triple room – 75% of per adult sharing rate.
Total number of tents-56
- 39 standard tents (19 tents facing the waterhole)- 16 doubles, 23 twins (Tent 1-15 face waterhole)
- Morani wing -17 tents that include -8 doubles,7 twins,2 triple tents (One of the double tents is adapted for the physically challenged)
- Extra beds and baby cots on request
- Children under 6 years complimentary.
- Children 6-12 years sharing room with an adult, 50% of adult rate, in own room 75%.
- Teens 13-17 years in own room or sharing, 75% of adult rate.
- 3 Children under 12 years sharing room – Double room rate will apply.
Rates are applicable to residents of Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Sudan, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Eritrea, DR Congo
– Proof of residency will be required
– Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination will be required
About Sweetwaters Serena Camp
Embrace the awe-inspiring natural beauty of your surroundings, and set the stage for a visit you won’t soon forget. Located within the sprawling Ol Pejeta Conservancy, one of Kenya’s most noteworthy conservancies and home to the ‘Big Five’ (elephant, rhino, lion, buffalo, and leopard), Sweetwaters Serena Camp offers a holiday experience unlike any other.
Framed by picturesque views of Mount Kenya, our sophisticated tented accommodation offers a tranquil respite in the wild, with ensuite bathrooms, free Wi-Fi, and a private balcony or veranda. Begin or end your day with a delicious meal and superb views at our light-filled restaurant, enjoy a guided game drive on the conservancy, indulge in a massage in our treatment room, or simply relax by the pool. With a dedicated event venue, modern facilities, and exceptional planning services, our Ol Pejeta tented camp is one of central Kenya’s most stunning destinations for weddings and corporate retreats with a difference. And our unparalleled location in Ol Pejeta Conservancy facilitates exploration and discovery of the spectacular wildlife for which this region is famous. We look forward to helping you create cherished memories at Sweetwaters Serena Camp in Ol Pejeta.
Tucked inside the landscaped grounds and accessible via winding stone pathways, Sweetwaters Serena Camp’s accommodation offers an elegant retreat amid the breath-taking natural beauty of Kenya’s Ol Pejeta Conservancy. Our 56 stylishly appointed tents include the standard wing and the deluxe Morani Wing and are designed with charming thatched roofs, solid floors, and canvas interiors. All of our tents feature electricity, an ensuite bathroom with hot and cold water, showers, and flushing WCs.
Make yourself at home during your safari holiday with modern amenities including free Wi-Fi, a coffee/tea making station, and plush bathrobes and slippers. Some of our tents are on raised platforms with private balconies; the rest include private verandas, all with safari chairs and tables. Evening hot water bottles are provided; mosquito nets, extra beds, and cots are available upon request.
Standard Wing Tent
These spacious tents combine the traditional ambiance of a safari camp with the comforts of home. They offer either a king bed or two twin beds and views of the water hole; amenities include a bathroom with a one-hand washbasin, a WC, and a shower with a shower curtain.
Morani Wing Tent
Boasting views of Mount Kenya, the new Morani Wing features 17 deluxe double, twin, and triple tents, one of which is specially adapted for guests with mobility concerns. Bathrooms include a two-hand washbasin, a WC, and a shower with a glass door.
Whether you’re preparing for an exciting day in Ol Pejeta Conservancy or unwinding after an eventful afternoon, you’ll be delighted with the welcoming atmosphere of The Rhino Room. Located in what was once the ranch manager’s house, our elegant restaurant features delicious international cuisine – punctuated by remarkable water hole views through floor-to-ceiling windows. In addition to the restaurant, Sweetwaters Serena Camp offers a cozy bar with a fireplace – perfect for relaxing with friends after an exhilarating safari. We also provide one-of-a-kind dining experiences within the campgrounds; bookings can be made at reception.
The Rhino Room
Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the Rhino Room welcomes you with the flavourful, locally sourced fare. Start your morning with our plentiful buffet-style breakfast, which includes a range of global dishes; you may also order a full English Breakfast, in keeping with safari tradition. Lunch is also served as a buffet, with fresh meats, dairy items, and produce; vegetarian options are always available.
The restaurant’s table d’hôte dinner menus feature a salad buffet, a soup, an entrée, dessert, cheese and biscuits, and fine Kenyan tea or coffee. Much of our cuisine is sourced directly from the communities that surround the reserve. Complement your meal with a glass of wine or beer, a fresh-squeezed fruit juice, or an herbal infusion.
The Water Hole Bar
Settle in beside a roaring fire and toast a successful day with a cold local beer or a glass of wine or spirits. Open 24 hours a day, our warm and inviting bar showcases stunning views of the water, enabling you to gaze out at the abundant wildlife that surrounds us while you enjoy your drink.
- Express Check-in and Check-out
- Warm towel and Welcome drink
HOW TO GET THERE
- Distance from Nairobi is 217km
- By road: Transfers by road from Nairobi take approximately 3 hours.
- By air: Flight time approximately 45 minutes from Wilson Airport Nairobi to the Nanyuki Airstrip and then 25km by road to the camp
- Ensuite bathroom (hot and cold running water)
- 24-hour hot shower and flushing WCs
- Electricity, socket voltage 240 volts
- Hairdryers* upon request
- Free- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Tent service
- Safe and hairdryers (upon request from reception)
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in all tents
- 24-hour room service
- 24hrs medical services
- Gift shop with souvenirs and safari essentials
- Sites for bush breakfast, Lunch, and Bush dinner
- Sites for Bush wedding
- Babysitting *, children’s dining/menus
- Family game drives*
- Swimming pool
- A dedicated TV lounge
DINING AND BAR ACTIVITIES
- Dining room-overlooking the waterhole
- Special dietary needs catered for(e.g. Vegetarian, Kosher, Gluten-free) with advance
- A range of health and beauty treatments*
- Day & Night game drives daily with dedicated driver-guides*
- Guided bird walks*
- Lion tracking* (Morning only)
- Board games and library
- Visit the Chimpanzee Sanctuary between 0900-1300 hrs and 1500-1630 hrs
- Bush Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner*
- Sundowners at the Marsh Viewpoint*
- Camel rides*
- Wildlife movies
- Tree planting
- Watercolor painting
- Business center service offered upon request
- It can hold up to 35 pax
- LCD Projector, Screen
- Satellite TV in the common room
- Flip Chart
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Jane Goodall Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- Morani Information Centre
- Baraka the Blind Rhino
Enjoy a plethora of experiences and activities during your visit to Sweetwaters Serena Camp. Our unmatched location within the Ol Pejeta Conservancy enables you to take part in everything from game drives and lion tracking to scenic bird walks along the river.